Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Not For Sale: Latin America / Latinoamérica (Calle 13)




I am what they left, I am all that is left of what they stole,
a people hidden on the mountaintop, My skin of leather that's why it resists whatever climate,
I am a factory of smoke,  farmer labour-force for your consumption,
a cold front in the middle of summer, love in times of cholera, my brother!

I am who is born and the day that dies, With the best sunsets,
I am development in the flesh, A speech without saliva,

The most beatiful faces I have ever seen, I am the foto of a disappeared person,
The blood in your veins, I am a plot of land that is worth it,
a basket with beans.

I am Maradona against England scoring two goals.
I am what holds my banner up, The spine of my planet, in my mountain chain.
I am what my father thought me, he who does not love his fatherland does not love his mother.
I am Latin America a people without legs that walks nevertheless.

You can not buy the wind,
You can not buy the sun,
You can not buy the rain,
You can not buy heat.

You can not buy the clouds,
You can not buy colours,
You can not buy my happiness,
You can not buy my pains.


Full lyrics here (spanish)

No comments: